Below are a selection of past covers:
Your photo could grace the cover of the 2018 Holland Area Visitors Guide, the official promotional piece for the greater Holland area! 135,000 guides will be printed and used as the main fulfillment tool for all visitor-related inquiries. Additionally the guide is distributed to all 11 Michigan Welcome Centers, at area hotels and bed & breakfasts, throughout downtown, at area attractions, and at select tourism offices throughout the state. It is also distributed regionally throughout the Midwest and is used at regional and national trade shows.
• Photos must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include your name, address, phone number, and date and location of the photo.
• Photos must be taken in Holland, MI on either public or private property. (Backyard photos are fine.)
• The Holland Visitors Bureau will select the final cover image, as well as the top ten submissions for a "People's Choice" vote on Facebook.
• The Holland Visitors Bureau will retain rights to all entries, including the winning photo and the top ten submissions for future editorial and advertising purposes. Photo credit will be given when appropriate.
• Photos must be high-resolution, with a minimum file size of 300 dpi and be suitable resolution for an 8.5" x 11" publication cover.
• Must be at least 18 to participate.
• Smartphone photo entries will not be accepted.
• More than one entry may be submitted by a photographer. Entries will be accepted through Monday, May 22, 2018.
• Winner will be notified on Monday, June 19, 2018
A Little Direction
The cover shot of the Holland Area Visitors Guide is typically a brightly-colored photo with an emphasis on tulips. The image must stand out when surrounded by other brochures. Photos must be vertical (portrait) in orientation or be able to be cropped as such.
The winning photographer will receive a $500.00 cash prize and photo credit when the photo is used editorially. The top ten photos will receive $50.00; the winner of the "People's Choice" vote on Facebook will receive $250.00.