Below are a selection of past covers:
• Photos must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please include your name, address, phone number, and date and location of the photo.
• Photos must be taken in Holland, MI on either public or private property. (Backyard photos are fine.)
• The Holland Visitors Bureau will select the final cover image, as well as the top ten submissions for a "People's Choice" vote on Facebook.
• The Holland Visitors Bureau will retain rights to all entries, including the winning photo and the top ten submissions for future editorial and advertising purposes. Photo credit will be given when appropriate.
• Photos must be high-resolution, with a minimum file size of 300 dpi and be suitable resolution for an 8.5" x 11" publication cover.
• Must be at least 18 to participate.
• More than one entry may be submitted by a photographer. Entries will be accepted until May 27, 2016.
A Little Direction
The cover shot of the Holland Area Visitors Guide is typically a brightly-colored photo with an emphasis on tulips. The image must stand out when surrounded by other brochures. Photos must be vertical (portrait) in orientation or be able to be cropped as such.
The winning photographer will receive a $250.00 cash prize and photo credit when the photo is used editorially. The top ten photos will receive $25.00; the winner of the "People's Choice" vote on Facebook will receive $50.00.