Pump House Museum

2282 Ottawa Beach Road
Holland, MI 49424
Region:
Waterfront
  • Open Sunday
  • Waterfront
  • Waterfront
  • Free Admission

The Pump House is the last surviving structure of the splendid Hotel Ottawa Complex. It was built in 1901 as an Edison Electric Power Plant to provide lighting for the hotel and grounds.  After the hotel burned in 1923, an existing pump was relocated to the building to provide water to the cottages at Ottawa Beach. Thereafter the building became known as the Pump House.  In the 1980s public water came to Ottawa Beach, and the building was no longer needed. Over the ensuing decades it fell into disrepair.

The Museum will again feature the "Holland's Earliest Amusements" exhibits - all about The Lakewood Farm and Zoo - and Jenison Electric Amusement Park 

Live Speaker Presentations at the Pump House Museum and Learning Center in July + August start @ 7:00PM

Admission is Free - Donations welcome

Open 11am-3pm, weekends in June and 7 days/week July 1-Sept 5