Battle of Gettysburg
Each year, Holland hosts "The Civil War Muster and Heritage Days," drawing you further into our state's history and role in the Civil War. The muster takes place at VanRaalte Farm Park, a historic, 160-acre park that was originally farmland around the Civil War era and later purchased by the city of Holland in 1983; making it the perfect location. Eleven acres of the farm (which include the original farm house and two barns) are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The muster will not only feature the reenactment, but two days worth of impressions of historical figures, performances, medical scenarios, period-style vendors, and even a Civil War era church service! It all starts on Saturday at 9 a.m. when the camp opens to the public. By 10 a.m., military drills will start, along with President Lincoln impressions, a medical scenario, a fashion show, dance, and a nighttime fire to conclude the day at 9 p.m. All day long, various events will take place to set the mood for the reenactment battle that takes place on Sunday. Camp opens back up on Sunday at 9 a.m. with a period church service, kid's drills, and more impressions. At 2 p.m. the cannons will fire and the battle will begin. Everything will wrap up by 4 p.m.
@discoverholland 2023 Van Raalte Farm Civil War Muster Photo Contest
• Photos must be submitted via THIS UPLOADER LINK!
• Entries for the Van Raalte Farm Civil War Muster contest will be accepted until Friday, October 6th, 2023.
• Please include your name, email, and location of the photo.
• MUST include name of photo contest included with the location in the location text box.
• Photos must be taken in Holland, MI at the Van Raalte Farm Civil War Muster.
• The Holland Area Visitors Bureau will select the winning image.
• The Holland Area Visitors Bureau will retain rights to all entries, including the winning photo and the top five submissions for future editorial and advertising purposes. Photo credit will be given when appropriate.
• Photos must be high-resolution, with a minimum file size of 300 dpi and be suitable resolution for an 8.5" x 11" format. Images not meeting this requirement will be disqualified.
• Photos must not have a watermark or logo.
• Must be at least 18 to participate.
• More than one entry may be submitted by a photographer.
A Little Direction
All photographs must be submitted through the link provided by @discoverholland. Please list in the "location" text box the name of the contest that you are submitting to. The contest will showcase the event of the Van Raalte Farm Civil War Muster in Holland, Michigan!
The winning photographer will receive a $150.00 cash prize and photo credit when the photo is used editorially. The top five photos will receive $50.00.