Your photo could grace the cover of the 2024 Holland Area Visitors Guide, the official promotional piece for the greater Holland area! Over 140,000 guides will be printed and used as the main fulfillment tool for all visitor-related inquiries. Additionally, the guide is distributed to all 11 Michigan Welcome Centers, at area hotels and bed & breakfasts, throughout downtown, at area attractions, and at select tourism offices throughout the state. It is also distributed regionally throughout the Midwest and is used at regional and national trade shows.
• Photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com
• All entries must be from 2023 Tulip Blooms.
• Entries will be accepted until June 1st, 2023.
• Please include your name, address, phone number, and date and location of the photo.
• Photos must be taken in Holland, MI on either public or private property. (Backyard photos are fine.)
• The Holland Area Visitors Bureau will select the final cover image.
• The top ten photos will be posted on the Discover Holland Facebook page for public voting for the People’s Choice Award.
• The Holland Area Visitors Bureau will retain rights to all entries, including the winning photo and the top ten submissions for future editorial and advertising purposes. Photo credit will be given when appropriate.
• Photos must be high-resolution, with a minimum file size of 300 dpi and be suitable resolution for an 8.5" x 11" publication cover. Images not meeting this requirement will be disqualified.
• Images with watermark will be disqualified.
• Must be at least 18 to participate.
• More than one entry may be submitted by a photographer.
A Little Direction
The cover shot of the Holland Area Visitors Guide must showcase the tulip and stand out when surrounded by other brochures. Photos must be vertical (portrait) in orientation or be able to be cropped as such.
The winning photographer will receive a $500.00 cash prize and photo credit when the photo is used editorially. The top ten photos will receive $50.00; the winner of the "People's Choice" vote online will receive $150.00.