Explore Hemlock Crossings
Hemlock Crossing offers 239 acres of woods and wetlands along the Pigeon River. Over six miles of trails meander through bottomland and upland forest, old pine plantations and along the river. Trails connect to Pine Bend County Park on the west end of this property. A pedestrian bridge and numerous overlooks offer scenic views. While you’re there, be sure to visit the Nature Center.
Amenities & Activities
- Nature Center
- Kayak and canoe launch
- Unique pedestrian bridge
- Many scenic overlooks along the trails
- Two small picnic shelters
- Modern restrooms open seasonally
- Rustic toilets
- Hiking trails and cross country ski trails
- Snowshoe rental
- Paved parking lot
* Barrier free facilities include picnic shelters, restrooms, kayak launch and a one mile paved trail through woods and fields.
Hemlock Crossing offers snowshoe rentals for adults and children (4+) at the Nature Center for $6 for two hours. Guided walks are available throughout the winter; take a look at our program calendar for dates. Visitors are invited to warm up in front of a fire in the Great Room after their snowy outing!